Top Tips For Warm Weather


Order yourself a St Germain Bellini (left in photo) - elderflower being the St Germain part, apparently.  The suspicious looking object in the bottom of the glass is a loganberry, in case you were wondering.  All delicious.  Wassabi peas optional.

Lick your wrists (heard this on Radio 4 this morning).  I looked around, made sure no one was looking and had a go, it worked for about 2 minutes.  Assume you lick and repeat.  Do not attempt this if you have just eaten beetroot - it may make people worry unduly.

Fill a hot water bottle and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours before bed.

I heard the weather girl say this morning, "another very hot day I'm afraid".  How British is that?!


8 comments:

  1. Those drinks look very refreshing! I'm off to hunt out the hot water bottle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tip I left out Rosie was putting beer in the freezer to cool off for a bit - then forgetting about it.....beer cubes!

      Delete
  2. The hot water bottle tip is brill. I'll be putting one in my son's bed before he goes upstairs ... he's been finding it impossible to get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've just been to Venice and had an original Bellini in Harry's Bar! I must try that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venice is magical. I went last year, but before we went I was worried it was overhyped but no, the 'otherworld' atmosphere I'd read and absorbed from Jan Morris's Venice was all pervasive, the trip felt like a fairytale.

      Delete
  4. Each summer I mean to buy a bottle of St. Germain & never quite manage it. I think this summer is more of the non alcoholic elderflower anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quite right JHD, cordial is just as delicious.

      Delete