Walking On Sunshine


My achilles is on the mend!  I can walk again,  properly walk.  Walk through woodlands, by rivers and across fields.  I have so missed the fresh air and the smell of the seasons, whether it's the dry scent of summer or the smell of wet leaves and decay.

This week I have been on my first long walk for 7 months.  It was bliss.  I forgot my camera, but made do with my phone.  At the beginning of the walk we passed this hedge, at the bottom of somebody's garden. What a master stroke the boots are.


My (well groomed) friend spotted a slow worm on our path, it did move exceedingly slowly.


It was such a bright Autumn morning.  Towards the end of the walk we had to climb one last hill; charmingly nicknamed Heart Attack Hill, it was a big push.  But the feeling of having earned a sandwich and a slice of cake was fantastic.



It was a circular route, so we ended up back in the village where we started; Hambledon in the Chilterns.  It was being used as a film set that day.  A regular occurrence, it has appeared in The Vicar Of Dibley, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Nanny McPhee and North and South amongst others. 


It's a very picturesque village, nestled in rolling green hills.  I hope it's not ruining the romance by sharing this shot of a 'snowy' cottage.  I asked the crew what they were filming; something called Endeavor, a spin off from Inspector Morse.










13 comments:

  1. Lilac - So pleased you've been able to enjoy a walk & some fresh air. May your achille's get stronger & stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to get out and about on your first long walk in ages and this time of year is great for walking. The hedge is priceless. I don't think I've ever seen a slow worm:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how good it must have felt to have such a good stretch of the legs !! Beautiful weather and lovely things to look at !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the idea of sandwich and cake, and a cup of tea, at the end of the walk! Nice photos. Good to hear you are on the mend and walking better, so frustrating when you can't I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the lovely comments, it looks like I got the walking in just in time, tomorrows weather is going to be vile, if you believe the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you are on the mend! It's the perfect time of year to walk around in the woodlands! I loved your pictures but I have to admit freaking out when I saw the picture of the worm - I thought it was a small snake and let out a very girlie shriek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you are walking and enjoying being out and about again.. Such a lovely day today. And I love the topiary with the welly boots. Made me smile! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your achilles is healing up...I am a runner so I understand Achilles problems and how unpleasant they can be. Hope you are having a great weekend. Thank you for your advice on how to deal with my kitty issues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great walk, loved seeing everything. Glad you are on the mend, it sounds like you had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morse! Loved the series - could do with a re-run for these cold nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chitty Chitty bang Bang!!..........how fab love that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wellies in the hedge! And I'm pleased to hear your achilles is on the mend, walking is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the 'snowy' cottage. Glad you are walking again and taking lovely photos to share with us!

    ReplyDelete