Some Flowers For You

For my birthday last week, a dear friend too far away sent me this autumnal display.  


Aren't these scarlett pom pom Dahlias beautiful? And bonus, bought from a car boot for the grand sum of £1, they lasted a whole week. Not an earwig in sight.


These geraniums are Italian, and don't they look it in their lovely terracotta trough?


These were wild flowers in the olympic park.  I heard they dead headed everything after the olympics, to rejuvenate them in time for the para olympics. I hope it worked.


and this shot is of the 'hot' bed at Cliveden.  They have deep, sloping, hot and cool coloured beds, either side of a large expanse of manicured lawn, in front of the house.


That's the end of my flowers for this year.








9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, so lovely to see colour when it's been dull and wet. And belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie, that's what I felt was needed, a shot of colour.

      Delete
  2. Belated birthday wishes! I love the colours of all those flowers, it's lovely to see them on such a grey day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you I will be planting bulbs over the next few days, so that I have some new colour to look forward in January/February when the light is scarce and colour will sorely needed

      Delete
  3. I love Autumn and those autumnal flowery hues are simply beautiful. Happy Autumn Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, thank you, I love Autumn too, it feels like a new year rather than than nearly the end of one - new shoes, new school bag - oh wait I'm 48 not 12!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday. Receiving surprise flowers is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a fabulous birthday.... Love those dark dahlias particularly. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers, I too hope you had a lovely birthday. I went to clivedon so many many years ago....spooky about your kilner jars too!

    ReplyDelete